Skip to main content

Why Blog?

On September 14th 2012 my life changed. This was the day my partner and I discovered I was pregnant. There was no uncertainty or questions as to if it was wanted, our baby was wished for and loved from the second we saw that big fat positive.

We were so happy, of course we were also absolutely petrified boarder line shitting ourselves but excited for what lay ahead. Life ceased being just about us, our lives were no longer simply for ourselves, we had a baby to prepare for.

Fast forward five and a half years and since then there have been a further two pregnancies. Life is a whirlwind of shitty nappies, snotty noses and much needed date nights laced with copious amounts of alcohol. Parenthood and sobriety do not mix, some days you will literally battle with the urge to day drink!

Seriously though I adore my kids and have an indescribable affection for my partner for blessing me with these adorable tiny humans. Not only that but turns out the man is a fantastic Dad.. I shit you not as far as fathers go, he's up there with the best of 'em.

But as I was saying life has changed, My partner and I have always looked after our children since they were born! Well... I lie, when I was in labour we had to resort to family looking after the older sibling/siblings, so that's a total of two occasions.

Yes, our methods of child rearing are exhausting but isn't that what you sign up for when you choose to bring a child into the world?

Somewhere in-between all of this sometimes it feels as though I've kind of lost me, life is now family 24/7. Which is great, I'm lucky and blessed. I know I am, I'm aware there are plenty of couples who would give anything to be in our shoes but I've decided it's time I begin taking little steps to gain back some of me.

I guess that's where blogging comes in, it does seem as if everyone and their Grandma has a blog now-a-days but I had a blog in the past and I enjoyed it so why not jump on the band wagon once again?

So that's why I'm here. It will be a blog about the trials and tribulations of motherhood and my own personal navigation through it.

I hope you'll join me and interact with my along the way. Now, if you'll excuse me the distinct sweet smell of baby poo is filling my nostrils! 


Momma Kearney. Xx

Comments

  1. Marian, this is a beautiful first blog post and I'm so happy to read it.

    And just like you said in your post, I am one of those people who would give their all for a life like yours. You may remember that I have always wanted a family on my own, with many children, just like you have. But I'm so thankful that I can get a little bit of a glimpse into your life with these 3 angels thanks to your blog again now. :) Looking forward to more postings from you soon. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment